PEO Oakville Chapter 2017 Entrance Scholarship
Professional Engineers Ontario Oakville Chapter is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for three scholarships valued at $500 – $1000.
The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academics, community contributions, extracurricular activities and the student’s intention to pursue a career in engineering profession. To qualify for this award, the student must be graduating from a secondary school in Oakville or Milton in 2017, and enroll in a Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (CEAB) accredited Ontario university engineering program for 2017-2018 school year.
- To encourage high school students to pursue careers in the field of engineering
- To provide financial support for students entering engineering disciplines
- To connect students with the local PEO chapter
- To bring an understanding of the value and responsibility of the engineering profession to high school students
- be graduating from a secondary school in Oakville or Milton in 2017
- have proof of acceptance or enrollment in a full-time CEAB-accredited Ontario University Engineering program for 2017-2018
- complete Scholarship Application Form, attached hereto
- provide a transcript covering last two years of schooling
- provide copy of resume including:
- school involvement, extracurricular, volunteer and community activities
- participation in science fairs, workshops, competitions and Oakville Chapter activities
- awards and other recognition
Academic Standing – 35%
Interest in Engineering – 25%
Chapter/Community Involvement – 15%
Resume – 15%
References – 10%
- Complete applications and supporting documents, excluding reference letter, must be submitted as one document in word or pdf format. Applications with multiple documents will not be accepted.
- Application filenames must be formatted as First Name_LastName_PEOScholarshipYear, eg. Jane_Smith_PEOScholarship2017. Applications with incorrect filenames will not be accepted.
- Reference letter must be sent in separately by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Award recipients will be notified by August 31, 2017
- All applicants are encouraged to visit PEO Oakville Chapter events. For more information visit http://www.peo-oakvillechapter.ca/
- Applicants are also encouraged to sign up for PEO SMP (Student Membership Program), which is available at no cost to the student. For more information visit http://www.engineeringstudents.peo.on.ca/
Complete application packages must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, June 30, 2017 for consideration.